Mr. Rakesh Kumar
Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87 and is a non-profit organisation, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts. it is an apex body of handicrafts exporters for promotion of exports of Handicrafts from country and projected India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier of high quality of handicrafts goods & services and ensured various measures keeping in view of observance of international standards and specification. The Council has created necessary infrastructure as well as marketing and information facilities, which are availed both by the members exporters and importers.
- Providing commercially useful information and assistance to members in developing and increasing exports.
- Offering professional advice and services to members in areas of technology up gradation quality and design improvement, standards and specifications, product development, innovation etc.
- Organising visits of delegation of its members abroad to explore overseas market opportunities.
- Participating in specialized International Trade Fairs of handicrafts & gifts.
- Organizing Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair at New Delhi.
- Interaction between exporting community and Govt. both at the Central and State level and representation in almost all the committees / panels of Central and State and represents in almost all the committees / panels of Central and State.
- To create an environment of awareness through Workshops on “Export Marketing, Procedures and Documentation”, Packaging, Design Development, Buyer Seller Meet, Open House etc. interaction with Central and State Govt. and various other similar programmes.
- Dissemination of government notification, orders, information on trade and other relevant information to members.